Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Journalling Challenge

I know that many people have trouble journalling for one reason or another, but I've never minded it.  Over the last year, I've come to love journalling and treasure the stories and details that I record in my scrapbooks.  I've also changed up my journalling a lot and I do different kinds of journalling for every LO.  So, I decided that for the month of February, I'd do a weekly challenge over at Club CK and Skrap 'n Chat to hopefully inspire my scrappy friends to try different kinds of journalling and hopefully come to like it if they're one of the people who don't like to do it.

Week 1's challenge was to give advice to someone.  This is a way to impart some words of wisdom to someone.  Whether it be advice to your children, your SO, yourself, another loved one, your pet or maybe even the leader of your country or a celebrity, make a LO giving advice to someone.  And here's my LO for it:

Week 2's challenge was to do a layout on "What I love about you".  It could be your significant other, a child, a pet, a mother or father, siblings or friends.  I suppose it could even be about something you love that isn't a person.  Try and let the journalling drive your LO.  Write your journalling first or at least have it in mind when you choose your papers, embellies and your photos.  I'm going to make a mini-album on this topic for my hubby for our 10-year anniversary this year so I don't want to post the LOs here just yet.

Today is Week 3. 
For some people, journalling is hard.  Maybe because you don't like your handwriting.  Maybe because you can't find the right words to say what you're wanting to say.  Maybe because the sentiments that you want to express are private and you don't want everyone to see it when they look through your album.  Maybe journalling just doesn't fit into the design of your page.  So, give hidden journaling a try!

This week's challenge is to incorporate hidden journalling into a LO.  I did it the eays way and journalled on a tag that I put behind my photo.  You can put it in an envelope on the page and decorate the envelope.  You can make flaps and hide the journalling under there.  You can even journal on the back of your LO.

Here's my LO for the week:


And here's what's written on the tag:


I'll put up other journalling challenges as I've really enjoyed doing them.  I hope I can inspire you to do some different kind of journalling your layouts!

No comments: