Thursday, August 23, 2012

Yo en Chile

Another challenge for Summer Camp at Club CK was to use found items on a layout and do a Smash book kind of layout.  Now, I'm not one for using stuff that I find around the house, at least not much.  But I had saved some of our pieces of I.D. from when we lived in Chile.  So I decided it was time to scrap it.  I pulled out this paper from Cosmo Cricket that I got in a grab bag from Scenic Route.  It's the Fleuriste line - Primrose.

Now, if you know me, you know that Cosmo Cricket isn't really my style at all.  However, I don't like to waste paper so I put it into my stash and challenged myself to use it.  It really isn't the style for doing baby boy pages and most of what I've been scrapping has been A's baby album.  So, when I decided to scrap me, I figured it would be good.

I have to admit, it's not my favourite layout.  I don't know, it just doesn't make me excited.  However, I'm happy that I scrapped those pieces of memorabilia, that I used up some paper that I wasn't sure how to use and that I painted on the layout (the mats are brown paint topped with glittery purple paint to give it a shimmer).

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

He Loves His Bath

I did this layout at while ago for Club CK's summer camp.  On this layout, we were to alter stickers we have.  I added some Stickles to the little duckie sticker and I added Glossy Accents to the three button stickers.  It's pretty neat how a little bit of altering can change the look of embellies.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Look Out World!

I decided I better get scrapping again because the summer is almost over and I need to take advantage of no obligations!  :)  So, I decided to jump on some challenges at my two favourite scrappy hangouts.

I also remember a tutorial that my friend, Adele, made with her sister to teach us how to make our own stick pins.  I love the stick pin crazy but I don't have many in my stash because, let's face it, they're pretty pricey.  So, I ordered a bunch of different beads from Jo's online and my friend, Laurie, mailed them to me a while ago.  Yesterday was the day that I decided to give it a go.  And I have to say that I'm pretty happy with the results.  Here they are:

This is the layout that I made the red pin for.  This was for a challenge at SNC for April.  We were to use grey as our base with a pop of red and some distressing.

A close-up of the buttons and the stick pin.  I see I need to get more glue off.  *blush*

I also inked the cardstock underneath the vellum title block as well as the edges of the vellum: