Monday, April 11, 2011

More First Food Layouts

After doing the layout of A's first taste of avocado last week, I just had to finish up the rest of the pictures of him eating.

This layout is actually for K's scrapbook.  She absolutely had to help feed him so we got some shots of that.  The patterned paper is from a stack (of course I can't remember which one since I separated them long ago) and the solids are from DCWV stacks.  Since the background looked a bit grungy, I sanded each of the strips of cardstock, as well as the journalling spot, and I love the look.  I used my new border punch for the big scallops - love that punch!


I was looking through the gallery at Club CK the other day.  You can do a search by number of photos and I love that!  It helps me so much to be able to look through the layouts that have the same number of pictures that I have to work with.  I found a layout that I loved and I used it as inspiration.  This is what I came up with:


These are my two favourite pictures of A when he had solids for the first time.  I just think they're too cute!  I wanted to record the details on one of the layouts and this design allowed for that.  I never write directly on my layout but I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm not sure that I like it so I still may put down a block of solid cardstock and journal on to it.

Here's my friend, Devra's, layout that I scraplifted:


I love this kit from My Mind's Eye.  It's the Abbey Road "Stomp" kit and it is just too cute!


I love all the pictures, of course, but the top left one is a favourite because I love seeing A's chubby little foot and his toes all curled up!  So, I had to direct attention to that pic.  :)


I put the small circles in the top right corner and did a tiny bit of stitching.  I wanted something there, but I wanted it to be subtle so this worked for what I wanted to accomplish.


I hadn't yet included the date on any of the layouts, so I added this little tag with the exact date A had his first solids.



5 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Sweet LOs of your cutie pie! Love the buttons and the stitching. I know what you mean about journaling directly on the LO. Makes me nervous too but yours quite nice!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Jill Sarginson said...

Cute layouts!!! Love the first two when he's eating! :)

Beth Hallgren said...

Adorable little toes, just want to kiss them! I was going through photos and found an amazing amount of my son "eating", most of the food is on him or the surroundings :)

Unknown said...

Wonderfully adorable pictures! Those cutie baby toes are sweet! Beautiful & fun LO's - I love all the gorgeous greens!

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

You have bee a busy girl! I love these layouts and how well the colors go with the pictures. Plus I am a huge fan of MME :)