Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Catching up

I've been MIA from here for a few days, not because I haven't been scrapping but because I haven't finished up a project!  lol

On Saturday, I celebrated (inter)National Scrapbooking Day with some new scrappy friends here in Jamaica.  I met Diana through Ella since she is an Ella Friend and this was the first time we actually scrapbooked together.  She has some friends that she scrapbooks with and after I suggested we do something for iNSD, a fantastic scrappy day came into being.  It was such a fun day spent with friendly and creative ladies and I had a great time.  I certainly hope we can do it again.  :)

Over the weekend, I took advantage of some of the iNSD sales for my digi scrapbooking.  Persnickety Prints was having a 25% off sale on 8x8, 8.5x11 and 12x12 prints so I took advantage of it by finally printing off my December Daily album and my Thankful album from last year.  I also bought a ton of print credits, which allowed me to get the sale prices and I can print off my pages once I have them all uploaded.  Awesome!!  I have to say that I am so very pleased with PP's customer service - Chari is always right there to answer any questions and help you out if you have any issues.  I recommend them wholeheartedly for your printing needs, whether it's digital scrapbook pages or just your 4x6 prints.  The quality is outstanding.  If you order 100+ photos from them, it's only $0.19 a print and you get professional quality print and very fast shipping.  I ordered my prints on Sunday, around 11:00 and by 2:00 that afternoon, they were shipped!

I also found a couple digi kits that were super cute from Sweet Shoppe Designs, my absolutely favourite digi scrapping store, so I picked them up.  I also found a template for a few different styles of banners.  I already had a template for one style but now I can use all kinds - woo hoo!

And I actually have been scrapping too.  On Saturday, I did five pages for A's baby album.  However, I still need to cut the titles out and print out the journalling for those pages.  I also have been working on a special project for D for our tenth anniversary.  I can't share any of those until later once I've given it to him.

Today was a big day for our little K Bear.  She has been preparing for the last few months for her exam for the Royal Academy of Dance.  She's been practicing a lot and has done really well with remembering her dances so I'm sure she did well.  She wasn't nervous at all and came out from the exam and was happy as a lark.  She said to me, "Mommy, I tried my best for everything!"  And that's all we ask of her.  We're so very proud of her.



3 comments:

Moongirl said...

She is so cute! Congrats to her.

Shanon said...

Your little one is adorable! Congrats to her!

I am so happy you were able to find a small group of scrappy ladies! How much fun that must have been. I miss hanging out with like minded women sometimes.

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Sounds like a great NDS! So glad you enjoyed it! I had plans but they fell through so I scrapped away by myself ... which meant less socializing and more scrapping ... I'm not complaining at all!

Congrats to your daughter ... see looks so adorable in her outfit!