Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Not so happy

I had such big plans for this photo.  I love this pic of the kids and me.  It was the first and only time that they've both fallen asleep with me while reading.  I found a layout of Jennifer Larson's ("Springtime" in CK's Stamping Tips & Tricks mag from last year) that I loved and thought would suit the photo so I decided to lift it.  I love this jungle paper so I chose it as the paper mat and took colours from it for the layout.  I wanted to do embellishment clustering like Jennifer did but what I had for embellies didn't work for me. So, I decided to cut out different critters from my Create A Critter cart.  This layout took me a really long time to finish and though I like it all right, I don't love it and I really wish I did.  I know you can't love 'em all but I really wanted something special for this picture.  Oh well, what to do?









5 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

I think it is adorable Dana! I do the same thing sometimes.

Diana said...

Looks good to me! But i know what you mean.
Jennifer Larson is amazing at layering embellishments.

Moongirl said...

It's really very cute! I know what you mean though. Some of the ones I didn't like are the ones that everyone loves! When it doesn't come out the way you had it in your mind, it seems like a failure.

Vanessa said...

I think it is so sweet..the embellies..the layering..the colors..it is great!!!

Andrea said...

ahhh! i don't remember seeing this in the gallery! I love it! The colors are great and I love the animals!