Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sketch It To Me Blog Hop

Welcome to the Sketch It To Me blog hop!  If you've been hopping along, you have seen some fantastic layouts and projects.  You've likely arrived from Melissa's blog but if you haven't, you can go to Amanda's blog to start off at the beginning:  http://www.lovejoypaper.com/.

We all started off with a sketch and were asked to make one layout and one other project based off of it. Here is the sketch:

And here is my layout based off of it:


I stayed pretty true to the sketch.  The only things I did differently were to add the journalling spot, the raffia as a photo wrap and ric rac over the border strips.

I used Mindy Terasawa's "Howdy Cowboy" kit (from Designer Digitals) for this layout.  I love it - it's such a fun kit to work with.  My DD used to take horse riding lessons (she started when she turned 3 and rode for a year) so I wanted to get a page done about that experience for her.

The second project I did was to make a card.  I find cards very difficult to make and I spend more time making a card than I do a layout, if you can believe it!  I find that I fuss so much more with a card and it just doesn't come naturally to me.  But, I'm glad I did one as I'm hoping that the more I do, the easier it will get (fingers crossed, at least).  And here's my card:


I changed up the sketch for my card.  I left out the circles on the right-hand side and I made six small blocks instead of three small ones and a big one.  I put the sentiment on a title block and added in a flower there.  I used scraps of paper for all of it and I decided to do some stamping.  I have some baby stamps so I stamped the images on to cardstock and then cut them out.  Then I adhered them with foam onto the blocks.  I used the stamped buttons as the circle cluster at the top.




And that's it for my projects!  I hope you enjoyed your stop here.  Make sure to leave a comment to be entered for Amanda's giveaway.  Your next stop is at Jennifer's blog:  http://scrapdrawer.blogspot.com/.  I'm sure she has some great projects in store for you!  Thanks for stopping by and Happy Hopping!

25 comments:

Amanda Johnson said...

So cute!! I love the little cowgirl :)

okanogangirl said...

The card is awesome Dana!!!

Beth Hallgren said...

Very cute Dana!Love your take :)

Anonymous said...

Super cute layout and card!!

Ashley Horton said...

Love the fun pp you used on your lo Dana and the cute little embellie clusters! The card is adorable and I love the stamps that you used!

Moongirl said...

Cute LO! Great title. I love the card too.

Unknown said...

I really like this page! What fun colors you used for it too!

Unknown said...

Cute layout and card!! I especially love those little buttons on the card..adorable!

Cassie said...

I love your layout and your card!

Janice said...

Such a great layout! Fun memories.
janice

GLOANN said...

Love your digi version. And that neat card.

Snips and Snails said...

I love your layout and your card!

Auntie Em said...

Thanks for letting us know about the blog hop Dana! It has been so fun and inspiring.
Your little rider LO is so cute. And your card is gorgeous! You may not think of your self as a card maker but it looks like you ARE a natural!
Thanks for sharing! :)

alisonm said...

Wicked cute! I am not usually a Digi follower, but this rocks!

Megan D said...

Very nice. I love how the PP are sewn together!

Heather Doolittle said...

Adorable layout!! :) Love the title!

Steffanie said...

Lovely layout and card! Great work with the sketch!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

So cute....love the large photo on the right, a cutie!

Andrea said...

your LO is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love your choice of papers for your layout! And your card is precious!

Laurie said...

Dana, I always love your LOs, and you rock at card making!

Anonymous said...

Very good LO and card! I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles with cards. Kathy-K2S

Becky said...

That layout is darling!! But I think that pictue is even more cute!!! Love that card too!

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Great job Dana! The layout is too cute but then I find the ones of your two little cites usually are :). You also did a fantastic job with the card! Way to go girl!

Karen Letchworth said...

OMG.....the photos are just TOO precious! Love it.
Karen