Sunday, July 24, 2011

Back and forth

I find that I am so much more productive and inspired when I vary the projects/layouts that I work on.  When I do too many layouts for a certain project, I get to a point where all the layouts start looking the same and there's no creativity left in me.  Since I'm not caught up, I have plenty of different projects to choose from so I can keep scrapping without missing a beat.

The latest example of this is our road trip album that I've been working on for the last few months, off and on.  I was going great guns on it but then I had to take a break.  I left it alone for a few months and worked on other projects and then finally came back to it in February or March.  Now, I work on a layout here and there and have been quite pleased with them.

After doing the layout about K last week, I've gotten my creative juices flowing again so I decided to get back at it.  I'm far from doing a layout a day but hopefully I'll get there soon.  ;)

I used this sketch from Sketch Support for this layout.  It's the second time I've used it - actually the second time for our road trip album! - and I love it this time around too.  I used Misty Cato's "Rocky Shores" digi kit for it.


I wish I had discovered this jumping back and forth idea much earlier because I know I would have gotten so much more accomplished had I scrapped this way.  Oh well, better late than never, right?  :D

1 comment:

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

That layout looks familliar :D I love the colors you choose ... they work great with the photos! Glad to see you back in blogland ... I've missed you :)