Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Oooh, what colour?

Over at Skrap 'n Chat, April issued a cake challenge - to use layers, icing (lace, ribbon or trim) and white for a wedding cake.  Since I've been on a kick with Easter layouts, I thought I'd do one of them for her challenge.

Once again, I used Just So Scrappy's "Cottontail" digi kit (like for the other two Easter layouts).  There is so, so much in that kit!!  You could do a whole album using the papers, alphas and embellies from her kits and not have much repetition.  Just fantastic.  And I used an Allison Davis sketch - I love, love, love her sketches.  I need to invest in some of her sketch books.

So, the obvious is the white background.  :D  I did lots of layering with the borders, paper and flowers.  I used a loopy border "punch" (from Julie Billingsley) to add some fun to the design and I made the Easter egg border using embellies from the kit.  I decided to fill up some of the white space on the sides with some cute flowers and I love how they turned out!

3 comments:

andi said...

very cute...love the soft colors & the little bunny!

okanogangirl said...

Love the layering of the borders together.

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Love it Dana! The colors and layering are awesome! You did a great job with Allison's sketch too!