Monday, June 13, 2011

Beauty of the Blue Mountains

When we visited a coffee estate not too far from Kingston, we not only loved the tour we got but the estate itself was so beautiful.  When we got there, the dew was still on the flowers and that gave the flowers such an alive feeling - they were screaming to be photographed!  :D  We loved the gorgeous landscaping at the estate and the variety of the flowers.

So, when I saw this template over at Sweet Shoppe Designs by Janet Phillips I knew it would be the perfect design to showcase our photos.  Simple, let the photos be the focus yet allowing for some journalling.


The digi kit I used was "Le Jardin" from Misty Cato.  I actually had done the layout using another kit but I wasn't too happy with the colours and patterns so I tried this kit out.  I love the dark brown background with the other natural colours to accent the page and the photos.  The scalloped border is the one I use all.the.time - from Julie Billingsley.  It's my go-to scallop border.  The dashed border is the one I just picked up by Cathy Zielske - I can tell I'll be using those borders often too.  I love the look of them!

1 comment:

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

MMMMMM... Blue Coffee! :)

The flowers are beautiful! And the layout definitely let's them shine! Great job Dana!