Thursday, August 23, 2012

Yo en Chile

Another challenge for Summer Camp at Club CK was to use found items on a layout and do a Smash book kind of layout.  Now, I'm not one for using stuff that I find around the house, at least not much.  But I had saved some of our pieces of I.D. from when we lived in Chile.  So I decided it was time to scrap it.  I pulled out this paper from Cosmo Cricket that I got in a grab bag from Scenic Route.  It's the Fleuriste line - Primrose.

Now, if you know me, you know that Cosmo Cricket isn't really my style at all.  However, I don't like to waste paper so I put it into my stash and challenged myself to use it.  It really isn't the style for doing baby boy pages and most of what I've been scrapping has been A's baby album.  So, when I decided to scrap me, I figured it would be good.


I have to admit, it's not my favourite layout.  I don't know, it just doesn't make me excited.  However, I'm happy that I scrapped those pieces of memorabilia, that I used up some paper that I wasn't sure how to use and that I painted on the layout (the mats are brown paint topped with glittery purple paint to give it a shimmer).

No comments: