I went through my photos and I found these photos of A and K at the beach. Since K is in the picture, I thought that using a bit of pink would be OK and with them being beach pics, I instantly thought of using a sun. Plus, her little sun hat had a touch of coral in it and her onesie was yellow. So, it all worked. I really like how it turned out but I wish I had placed my photos lower. However, once you adhere the ATG glue, it's down for good. So, it will have to stay this way, a little unbalanced but that's OK.
Here's a close-up of my sun. I used a light yellow cardstock and then inked not only the edges but the whole piece for each section. Then I stitched around the edges. I'd never run into this before but I ended up having some sections where I finished on the top and not underneath. I decided to knot the floss on top. I figured out that I had an odd number of holes in those sections and that's why it happened. Another thing to keep in mind while scrapping! lol
None of the flowers I had worked with the layout so I ended up making my own. I used one I have to make the shape and then cut them out of two different papers. I used foam mounting tape to give it some dimension.
I wasn't sure what to do as the layout was missing a little something. I decided to add a little bit of stitching and a button to finish it off.