Friday, July 27, 2012

Huh?

Since I had pulled out the Christmas photos for Laura's challenge, I figured I'd kept working on them.  This layout is based off Kelly Purkey's "29" layout on p. 44 of CK's Simple Scrapbooks special issue.  I wanted to highlight the fact that we were in the outdoor pool during the Christmas season while living in Chile, very different to our Canadian Christmases.  :)

Supplies:  DCWV Christmas stack, baker's twine, Smooch Spray, washi tape

I did lots of fussy cutting for the embellies for this layout:



I wanted to draw some attention to the title so I decided to use twine:


I used paper strips, washi tape and a little strip of twine to this part of the layout:



2 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

This is such a fun page, Dana!! I love the fun bright look you gave it, to show the contrast of Christmas in Chile!! And I love that you added to ornaments, but it's not overly or traditionally Christmas.

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Such a great layout. The paper has both a Christmas feel but the colours are perfect for the local! We did a Christmas in Mexico one year and it was such a weird experience. It felt like the twilight zone. Shorts around a Christmas tree just seems wrong. Don't get me wrong I love the warm tropical weather but for me Christmas is always snuggled up in warm PJs by the fireplace watch the snow flakes fall.