Thursday, February 24, 2011

LOAD Day #3

So, I'm on Day 3 of LOAD over at Skrap 'n Chat.  Last night, I didn't really want to go up and scrap but I'm sure glad I did because I got the entire LO done!  Sometimes I just need to force myself to sit down and do it because I always can get going once I'm in the zone. 

Today's challenge was to use Blue, 3 Buttons, 3 Brads and 1 Bow.  It's so funny how I never know how things are going to come together until I'm in the middle of it all, unless I'm using a sketch.  I started off with the orange.  I wanted to put some orange on the second page and then it just morphed into a journal spot with yellow and blue brads all around it.  I really like how it turned out. 


 
Then, for the bow, I didn't want a big one as it didn't seem to fit the LO.  Then I got the brainwave to tie a bow in one of the buttons.  Just right!  I had these bathtime embellies from Jolee's (I think) and they fit just right. 

And with this 2-page LO, I've finished 20 pages in February.  Yahoo!!

1 comment:

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Great layout Dana! I love the brads around your journalling spot. I have hundreds of brads but never know when to use them ... I might have to lift this idea! Your idea for the bow is genious too! Aren't you clever!