Friday, August 31, 2012

Adventure

Another challenge over at SNC was from Karen and she asked us to stack not only our photos but also our embellies.  Since I usually use more than one photo on a page, it wasn't too hard to figure out how to stack the photos.  But I'm still working on embellie clusters so that part was more of a challenge.  :)

These photos were of our trip down to the Argentinean Patagonia back in January/February of 2009.  A was only 7 months old when he took his first horseback ride.  He wasn't sure at all what to think of it!  But we're firm believers in instilling a sense of adventure from an early age.  Our kids have been exploring since birth with parents like us!  lol

Supplies used:  Patterned paper "Marjolaine" line from Basic Grey
Alphas from Recollections, Stickles
Buttons, gems, ribbon, brads, cardstock - unknown manufacturer

I did some inking on the background page.  I'm still working on blending but I did an OK job here using blue and green inks.  Then I added my stack of embellies.  I wanted to use ribbon because I have some that goes really well with the patterned paper I used.  I decided to alternate strips of ribbon (and one strip of washi tape) with some buttons and a  few gems.  Definitely a different look for me but I like it.


These alpha colours were perfect for the patterned paper and I added some "stacked" Stickles dots.


A few brads around the journalling finished off the layout.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great layout to preserve this memory! It's so nice that your kids are well traveled. And you have the pages to help them remember it!! :)